Do's and Don't's of the Dance World
For Beginners and Some Regulars
These basic rules of behavior in salsa clubs will help you and
make their dance experience more enjoyable. It's amazing how many people are
completely oblivious to their surroundings and need to be reminded to be
considerate to others.
As you might have noticed salsa clubs can get very crowded, so:
- DO NOT stand on the dance floor while people are dancing. Elbows and feet
flying all over the place. Wanna get hit?
- DO NOT hold or carry drinks on the dance floor for the above mentioned
reasons. You may have to lick your drink off the floor.
- DO NOT walk across the dance floor during a dance.(see above)
- DO NOT block the "traffic lanes" when people are trying to get around
- DO leave a space opened for people to pass.
- DO make small steps while dancing. Making big steps in order to learn is
OK during lessons - not on the crowded dance floor. Regulars can tell you
how many times they've been hurt. If you get hurt yourself "that'll learn
- DO use club floor space OFF THE DANCE FLOOR to practise your moves
(hallways, balconies etc.)
- DO apologize to fellow dancers if you step on somebody. How can you not
feel if you touch someone?! (Reach and touch someone is no good here)
- DO wipe the sweat off your face before you kiss a friend hello.
- DO wipe your sweaty hands before you ask someone for a dance.
- DO try to find an empty space to dance instead of squeezing into someone
- In a nutshell, BE considerate to other salsanuts.
Return to SalsaCrazy.Com!
| Contact/Support | Write a Review | About SalsaCrazy | Private Policy |
Dance San Francisco |
Salsa Dance Clubs
& Events |
DanceSF Salsa Classes |
Salsa Cruise &
Get your Site Salsa Dance
Salsa Dance San Francisco
Your Online Salsa School
Ballroom + Latin
Dance Video Store!
Salsa Dance Videos